Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Australian Burlesque Festival 2010

The festival is coming up very quickly and I am furiously bedazzling in the hope to have my costume up to scratch for my performance! I am fortunate to have the help of my wonderful friend and talented bedazzler, the lovely L'amour. We have had many a day of sequining and endless cups of tea (between me emailing and making phone calls!) to get the job done! L'amour has astounded me at her generosity of time, energy and support especially when she is very soon to be bringing a little baby into the world!!

It has been a massive learning curve to produce such a large scale event and have been truly blessed with a wonderful team of co-producers. We have been working round the clock (often to the detriment of the rest of our lives, partners, jobs etc!) to make the most wonderful event for audiences and performers alike...

This evening the four of us; Dolores Daiquiri, Sapphira and Chaz Royal had our first face to face meeting since Chaz only arrived from London last week. It was such a treat to all sit down and talk about everything after the trillions of emails that have zipped across the world back and forth. I am pleased as punch with our little gang!

So, on that note, if you haven't already got your tickets I suggest you be quick about it or you won't get one! The Gala "Big Tease" in Melbourne has sold out and all other events are hurtling towards the same thing!

All the info is on our website here.

1 comment:

  1. was a great event. your performance was excellent. well done :-) looking forward to next years event.

    ReplyDelete