Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back in the land of tassels!

Hi folks!
I thought it was probably about time I get back on the blogging train since I have in the last month or so been performing again post baby and have so many exciting things to share with you!

I was flat out all of September with Metropolis 2040 at Red Bennies. We had a 6 show run and I enjoyed every minute of it! I cannot praise creatrix, Vesper White, enough for her vision, attention to detail and creativity in this stunning show. It is such a joy to see our artform being driven by thoughtful, artistic people and I finished the season feeling triumphant and utterly inspired! I will be posting pictures and a proper review shortly, so stay tuned.

In Burlesque Festival news, we have bid farewell to co-founder, Sapphira, as she embarks on some very exciting personal projects and I wish her the very best!
We have got some REALLY exciting surprises in store for 2012, but I will have to keep a lid on it for a bit longer, though I tell ya, it aint easy! As always it is going to be bigger, better and all round bombastic!

I have a few other nice little projects coming up including a new event "Sirens of Sin - The Seven Deadly Sins Reavealed!" Which I will cover in a later post, as well as a burlesque open mic (open shirt?) night, which will hopefully be launching by the end of the year.

The Fringe festival has been on in Melbourne, which unfortunately I have completely missed out on, but from the looks of it there have been some killer show and I am hoping to make it to Fringe Royal Rumble this Sunday (and you should too!) where the cream of Melbourne Fringe Festivals performers have been hand picked to enter into mortal combat in the Red Bennies Mexican Wrestling ring of carny carnage! Burlesque vs Vaudeville! Comedians vs Cabaret! Mime vs Circus! - its going to be outrageous!
Sounds too good to miss out on! You can get tix here.

In other news, The Gorelesque beast is on the road! Last weekend Sydney got their first taste and tonight and tomorrow Adelaide, before the bus of gore comes home to Melbourne. This looks like a blood-tastic feast, and if B-grade horror films and zombies are your thing I implore you to check it out. See photos here. Tickets available through the website.
This is what The Armchair Traveller had to say:
"Armchair Traveller had the shock and awe treatment - or should that be shock and gore - at Gorlesque! Touring nationally this October - catch it - so you too can be covered in blood, meat, vomit, mothers milk and flesh! Yes - Armchair Traveller was up stage and is now soaked in gore! A night well spent!"

And thats all for now! I look forward to seeing you at a show real soon.
Kisses, RR



No comments:

Post a Comment